No matter what operations management system you use today, GE Aviation’s Crew Planning Optimizers can help increase the efficiency and utilization of your pilots and flight attendants by delivering market-leading planning tools to optimize crew pairings and rosters.
GE Aviation’s Crew Planning Optimizers are used to schedule tens of thousands of crew members at network, hybrid and low-cost carriers alike. Depending on the size and complexity of your operation, GE can help save up to three to five percent of your total crew related costs.
These tools incorporate GE’s proven, advanced optimization technology to generate efficient, high-quality solutions. They require minimal IT support and can be deployed rapidly and at low cost. The comprehensive, integrated rules engine ensures that the crew schedules are fully compliant with regulatory requirements and contractual obligations. The myriad of tunable parameters empower users to drive to customized solutions that adhere to company policy and crew quality-of-life objectives.
GE’s Crew Planning Optimization Suite provides value by simplifying crew scheduling processes, generating optimal schedules and enabling efficient analysis of business solutions.
Crew pairings can profoundly impact airline costs and crew quality-of-life. GE Aviation’s Pairing Optimizer is a next-generation decision support system that generates lowest-cost sets of crew pairings for flights operated within a specific timeframe. Users can configure the optimizer to minimize costs while increasing crew quality-of-life and complying with government regulations, crew contracts and operational policies. A simple, intuitive user interface facilitates parameter tuning to drive custom solutions and a powerful pairings editor supports manual edits to a solution set.
- Lower costs – Reducing excess crew costs related to per diems, hotels, deadheads, ground transportation, etc, while increasing crew utilization.
- Solution generation speed – Fast pairing set creation allowing the planning team to spend more time evaluating multiple options and adjusting to last-minute schedule changes.
- Better process – Utilizing global constraints and applying rule sets appropriately to generate pairings for combined international and domestic schedules, and automatically enforcing both sets of rules.
Efficient crew roster creation reduces costs through improved crew utilization. With GE’s Roster Optimizer, your airline can schedule both flying and non-flying activities and verify they are uniformly distributed to crews. The Roster Optimizer allows airline scheduling staff to import crew pairings to plan and automatically build efficient, fair and equitable crew rosters. They use a wide variety of parameters to incorporate business rules, contract commitments and government regulations to generate ready-to-use crew rosters.
- Fair & equitable rosters – Balance flight legs between flight crew from a pay, flight segment length or trip length standpoint. Take up to 12 months of history into consideration when building each period’s work assignments.
- More comprehensive plans – Include and equalize all the activities assigned to your crew members, such as days on/off, on-call/standby, and contact days plus base, training and annual leave to build more efficient rosters.
- Improve flexibility – Develop a more reliable, operable crew schedule in the planning stage that can also offer more recovery options in the event of severe weather, sick calls or other unplanned events.