Every day, at every airline, there are disruptions to the schedule. Whether these disruptions are caused by weather, maintenance, crew, air traffic control, or some other source, Irregular Operations (IROPS) are a fact of life these days. While many of the primary causes of delays and cancellations may not be completely avoidable, airlines are seeking solutions that help them minimize the impact of primary delays and prevent them from propagating throughout the schedule. The goal is to get the passengers to their final destination safely, with their bags, as expeditiously as possible and with a minimum of inconvenience.
Delivering positive outcomes
GE Aviation’s solution minimizes the impact of schedule disruptions by optimizing the recovery of the aircraft, crew and passenger schedules quickly and efficiently.
The solution consumes airline operational, flight, crew, passenger and maintenance schedule data and integrates it with aircraft operational and crew regulatory/contractual restrictions to provide insights to detect disruptions quickly and tools to recover in the most efficient way possible.
- Operations solver engine that reduces operations disruptions and optimizes pilot and flight attendant schedules
- Passenger solver engine to minimize the number of passenger re-routed
- Accurate problem detection to optimize the schedule and crew satisfaction
- Single detect-and notify process
- Tools to generate multiple solutions which can be reviewed and then committed by users
- Synchronization with airline tracking systems
Reduces operational disruptions such as delays, cancellations and diversions
Reduces crew costs related to overflying, sickness, hotel and deadhead
Improves crew quality of life
Improves passenger satisfaction
Improves airline productivity