Commercial aircraft are required to navigate very precisely through regulated airspace, maintaining communications with air traffic control and the airline operations center. To do this safely and efficiently places a high demand on the workload of the pilot.
The GE Aviation/Thales FMS automates a wide variety of in-flight tasks, enabling the pilots to safely and efficiently fly an aircraft from its origin to its destination, accounting for traffic, weather, aircraft performance and required arrival time, while optimizing performance. The FMS uses a variety of sensors to determine its current position and then sends guidance commands to the aircraft control systems to guide the aircraft along the approved flight plan. Its precision guidance enables the aircraft to fly approaches at RNP 0.3.
- Integrated flight management allowing pilot to enter the flight plan and control the aircraft from origin to destination
- Advanced airspace features: PBN (RNP 0.3) , RTA, either FANS A/B/C or FANS 1/A, ATN BL1, ATN BL2
- Worldwide navigation database
- Aircraft performance calculations to aid in optimizing the flight profile and evaluating flight plan changes
- Reduced pilot workload with AOC/ATC datalink communication and flight planning
- Reduced fuel consumption through advanced trajectory optimization
- Increased passenger comport through advanced trajectory optimization
- 4 Dimensional path/speed guidance using time of arrival control