Direct operating cost is a significant portion of airlines’ overall cost. The flight path chosen by the operator significantly affects fuel burn, noise, passenger comfort and trip time - and demand for the airline’s service.
GE Aviation is investing in technologies for its flight management system product line that help aircraft operators control their airplanes in a cost-optimal manner - to reduce fuel consumption and flight durations, minimize noise, increase passenger comfort and improve time-of-arrival control. Cost-optimal control balances operating cost with revenue-generating performance to maximize operating profit.
- Finds the optimal control and state trajectory to minimize cost, maximize comfort, and arrive on time
- Incorporates real-time weather (wind and temperature) into optimization
- Integrates with GE’s flight management application to enable direct loading of optimal controls
- Integrates EFB application with GE’s connected FMS; enables retrofit to legacy fleet and new-production airplanes
- Reduces aircraft operations costs: Up to 2% fuel savings
- Helps pilots select optimal flight path for cost, comfort, and RTA.
- Contributes to FAA CLEEN goals to reduce noise and emission of greenhouse gases
- Ease of use by pilots – application can be integrated with FMS