The proliferation of Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) has led to an abundance of new applications such as Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and numerous military use cases. Autonomous operations have introduced many navigation and control challenges such as optimal, robust control; high-accuracy, fault-tolerant navigation; air traffic management in civil-controlled airspace and military command and control (C2).
GE Aviation is leveraging decades of expertise in guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) of manned vehicles to produce intelligent ground and airborne systems that perform commercial and military missions autonomously without compromising performance or safety.
- Robust, performance-optimal control of many vehicle categories and types
- Fault-tolerant data communication and embedded system design enables safe operations Beyond-Line-of-Sight
- Integrated multi-sensor navigation in GPS-denied or compromised operating environment
- Intelligent traffic sense and avoidance; and terrain and obstacle avoidance
- Harmonized with evolving regulations for UAS operations in controlled airspace
- Aligned with evolving Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) technologies for UAM
- Embedded modular design enables rapid configuration according to vehicle type and mission
- Radar and multi-spectral sensors for mission-specific operations and relative guidance & control
- Design solutions based on GE’s proven, certified commercial and military products