Airlines have deployed Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) tablet computers into the cockpits to reduce the workload of the pilot. However the benefits of these assets are limited by not having a connection to the aircraft avionics systems.
The Connected FMS provides a Tablet Interface solution (CFMS) for GE’s broadly deployed FMS. The CFMS allows airlines and application providers to develop tablet applications that can interface with the aircraft FMS through a well defined, easy to use , secure and safe developers kit.
- Enables EFB Tablet and Ground Applications to interface with the FMS
- Enables 3rd party applications to access aircraft data via secured link
- Enables value added applications for the Pilot and Dispatcher
- Access real-time and post-flight aircraft flight data
- Supports iOS and Windows OS Applications
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) provides Application Programming Interface (API) and development Stations
- Enables flight path optimization, improved situational awareness and pilot work load reducing applications
- Ability to update Flight Plans via tablet Applications
- Enables access to data for Post-Flight data analytics
- Lower Application development costs via SDK API and development station