Modern aircraft need a multi-purpose common User Interface Device (UID) to provide pilots with a man-machine interface for the flight management system and other aircraft systems and applications.
GE is introducing the TCDU – a touchscreen version of its MCDU product. The TCDU provides the industry standard A739 interface to support legacy FMS’s and other avionics systems. It also provides advanced graphics and a touchscreen interface to enable the introduction of new features and applications into cockpit within easy reach of the pilots.
- Reconfigurable User Interface Device for multiple Aircraft systems
- Supports Multi-touch user gestures
- Familiar, intuitive, touch user interface
- Fully integrated with GE’s flight management application
- Solutions for both 9” and 7” installations
- Interchangeable with existing MCDU versions
- Reduction in pilot workload
- Improved reliability over legacy keyboard technologies
- TSO simplifies certification
- Ability to host additional applications