Airspace congestion is increasing to the extent that airspace capacity and efficiency are being impacted. New technologies are needed to strategically plan, manage, and optimize flight paths and still maintain safety and operational efficiency.
GE Aviation continues to invest in technologies and capabilities to integrate with its Flight Management System (FMS) to leverage Performance Based Navigation (PBN) and time based management (4- dimensional) to improve airspace capacity and help operators meet their business objectives. This 4-dimensional navigation provides precise, cost effective, and repeatable flight paths enabling aircraft to navigate precisely within regulated airspaces.
- FMS construction of 4D trajectories
- Trajectory and flight plan exchange via Datalink
- Trajectory Synchronization & negotiation to achieve business-preferred and optimized trajectories
- FMS Control of Time
- Supports RNP 0.1 & Optimized Decent
- Dynamic RNP
- Advanced Interval Management
- Provides multiple constraint optimization
- Determination of optimal trajectory that meets traffic, business & weather constraints
- Optimized flight path for weather and traffic constraints
- Aircraft Operators cost savings through optimized trajectories
- Support for NextGen & SESAR 4D TBO Initiatives
- Improved safety
- Reduced aircraft spacing's, resulting in increased airspace capacity